The Society of Food Hygiene and Technology, affectionately known as SOFHT, is recognised throughout the food industry as a professional body covering all aspects of hygiene, including food industry hygiene and cleaning technologies, and related technical management requirements such as food legislation and quality management systems. SOFHT is committed to supporting its members’ awareness of hygiene and related technologies practices.
The Society leads on the following areas:
- information – providing companies and individual members with information through providing affordable access to knowledge as well as providing opportunities to meet with others in the industry
- training – a successful range of training models including e-learning, conference events, breakfast clubs and the SOFHT Training Academy
- networking – providing networking opportunities and has already planned a number of great activities for 2018
- influencing – the membership of the Society covers a broad range of expertise. SOFHT has previously coordinated collaborative working parties including a response to the Food Information Regulations Consultation, and there is an opportunity to continue this approach in areas of current focus including Regulating Our Future and Brexit
- sector specific – the Society strives to represent the interests of all members and we take this into account when developing events and training